Here's a quick guide to uploading your test video and, if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Option Number 1: You Tube (our first preference)
It's free and easy to upload a video to YouTube, and you can upload as many videos as you want with nearly no limits.
You can upload videos from the YouTube website in a browser, or using your mobile app on a phone.
You can choose to make videos public or private, and enter descriptions and tags for each video.
1. Navigate to YouTube in a web browser.
2. Make sure you are logged in. If you don't see your account avatar in the upper right corner, click "Sign In" and enter your Google account information.
3. Click the Create a video button at the top of the screen. It looks like a video camera. In the drop-down menu, click "Upload video."
4. The video upload page should appear. Under "Select files to upload," click "Public" and choose what level of visibility you want for the video — everyone can see a public video, but you can also make it unlisted (it's still publicly available, but only to people with a direct link), private (meaning only you have access), or Scheduled, which means it won't go live until a later date.
5. Click the large arrow to choose the video file, or you can simply drag the video file onto the page.
6. While the video uploads, you can enter information like the name and description of the video.
7. Click "Publish" to complete the process. You can publish the video while it's still uploading, or wait till the upload is complete. Either way, the video won't appear online unless you click "Publish."
Once the video is uploaded, it will take a few minutes to process. The time it takes to process will depend on how long the video is.
How to upload a video to YouTube using the mobile app
2. Tap the video upload button at the top of the screen. It looks like a video camera. If this is your first time using the upload feature, you might need to give the app permission to access your camera and photo library.
3. On the next screen, tap the video you want to upload (you can also record a new video or "Go Live," meaning that you'll start livestreaming from your phone camera).
4. Tap "Next."
5. Enter information like the name of the video, choose a privacy level, and tap "Upload."
You can set your Privacy to whatever you want (public or private), which means only the person you give a link to can view the video (and not the general public if you're not keen. Then simply send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org and you're good to go! We'll contact you to let you know that we've received both your video and entry so you have peace of mind!
Option number 2: WeTransfer
In the message box, state the horse, rider and class. WeTransfer will then send a code to your email address to verify your identity. Just pop the code in when requested and let WeTransfer work its magic! Again, we will verify safe receipt of both your video and entry.
Option number 3: WhatsApp
Contact Online Dressage International for our WhatsApp number to send your video, plus horse, rider and class. Unfortunately, WhatsApp have the lowest resolution so please use this only if the other two options don't work.
Good luck and happy filming!